The City of Asheville has named Asheville Art in the Park one of the Cities top 20 cultural events! Now in its sixth year, the market hosts 60 artists for 3 Saturday markets in June and 3 in October. Market members have now donated more then $50,000 to local arts based nonprofits. This years donations are again to form. . .
Building community through arts in action
The Asheville Art in the Park Arts & Community Grant is being offered to qualifying committed artists in Western North Carolina in order to enhance public spaces and highlight the role of local artists within the community.
Projects considered for this grant should meet many, but not necessary all, of the following criteria (unless otherwise indicated):
- Supports or enhances and existing municipal plan or local strategic goal
- Will take place or be presented in public (Strongly Suggested)
- Addresses or ameliorates a social issue
- Builds community and/or encourages community participation
- Provides or enhances an economic development opportunity for an individual artist, group or project
- Enlivens an underused or under-appreciated public space
- Creates neighborhood identity
- Displays excellence in craftsmanship and design (Required)
- Compliments the surrounding environment
- The relationship of the project to community need is well defined
- Applications should be written with a particular project in mind (Required)
- Feasibility of proposed project and likelihood of completion one year from date of first grant distribution check. (Required)